happyhappyhappy

by mayberry on February 19, 2010

When Jo was a baby we enrolled her in a child care center in our neighborhood in New Jersey. All of the staff were native Spanish speakers, as were many of the kids.  Jo spoke a few words of Spanish almost before she said anything in English. We noticed that she’d chirp something like “ahpeeahpeeahpee” but we couldn’t figure out what it meant. Finally, one day I heard one of the teachers say it too. I realized that in her accented English, she was sing-songing “Happy, happy, happy!” to the children.

So that made me happy.

And lovely Wendy from Midwest Green has given me the Happy 101 award. The rules are to list 10 things that make me happy, which seems like a good idea after the last two whingy posts, and then pay it forward to 10 more bloggers who make me happy.

Things that take me to a happy place

• A cup of tea
  • A new Sunday Times magazine and crossword
  • A little boy still small enough to carry on my hip
  • The beginning of a yoga class
  • The end of a yoga class
  • Making travel plans
  • My kids making each other laugh
  • Lexulous
  • Reading my daughter’s creative spelling/writing (she and a friend have been exchanging emails using my account and you would die from the cute.)
  • My tweet stream during figure skating events. I am reading all the best stuff aloud to my husband, who is suitably impressed.

(A selection of the) bloggers that make me happy

{ 11 comments }

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom February 19, 2010 at 4:12 pm

Mayberry makes *me* happy!

Lady M February 20, 2010 at 1:27 am

You made me happy by including me, and I’malso happy because I followed your link over to Greeblemonkey where I learned how to hide Facebook Farmville. Thanks for sharing, you cool lady you. :)

Aimee Greeblemonkey February 21, 2010 at 8:14 pm

Awww, sweetie, thank you!!!

magpie February 21, 2010 at 8:35 pm

You make me happy too.

And yeah, the tweet stream during the figure skating is awesome, and related, have you seen this blog? http://auntjoyceicecreamstand.blogspot.com/

magpie February 21, 2010 at 8:40 pm

Oh, and a joke:

When Charles deGaulle decided to retire from public life, the
American ambassador and his wife threw a gala dinner party in
his honor. At the dinner table the Ambassador`s wife was talking
with Madame deGaulle.
“Your husband has been such a prominent public figure, such a
presence on the French and International scene for so many years! How quiet retirement will seem in comparison. What are you most looking forward to in these retirement years?”
“A penis,” replied Madame deGaulle.
A huge hush fell over the table. Everyone heard her answer…and
no one knew what to say next.
Finally, Charles leaned over to His wife and said,
“Ma cherie, I believe zee Americans pronounce zat word, `appiness.”

Julie @ The Mom Slant February 21, 2010 at 9:06 pm

I’m so ahpee that we’re friends. I’ll be even ahpee’er when I finally get to see you again!

nonlineargirl February 21, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Thanks for the sweets!

Because I am completely immature, the mamapop post on Jennifer Love Hewitt and vajazzling has me laughing several weeks after I first read it. That might be an item for my happy list.

slouchy February 22, 2010 at 5:32 am

Aww. Thank you! What a wonderful Monday morning treat!

Can’t wait to meet you at BlogHer.

binkytowne February 22, 2010 at 8:29 pm

mwah! Thanks for the love. I’m happy you haven’t left Wisconsin yet!

Farmers Wife February 28, 2010 at 6:02 am